Tuesday 28 January 2014

Given all that I have written over the years -- hundreds of newspaper articles, columns and editorials, academic papers, a thesis, etc. etc. -- it's kind of amazing I have never written a blog post. Not a true blog post. I've written pieces that were called blogging, to be trendy, but they were more like an opinion piece than a blog.

I am trying this out as a member of a TOOC, which is like a MOOC, about technology in education. The first thing I learned from registering for the TOOC is that you should double check your email in the registration form. I didn't and it wasn't correct. Luckily, through the magic of social media, the course leader knew a common friend and Facebook contact, and it got straightened out.

I chose the title of "A Learning Journey" because I feel that's what my life has been and continues to be, both through formal education and all the other learning that occurs. I hope to post some thoughts on the learning I am currently involved in, through PhD studies, informal studies, work, and life.

1 comment:

  1. Barb, glad your along for this journey. It took a bit if work to find you, but we'll worth it.

    ReplyDelete